Increase your monthly production with periodontal marketing that focuses on digital strategy and strengthening referral sources
As a periodontist, you know that running a successful practice takes more than having the skills to perform your job. Speciality dentistry is a business, just like any other. And to make your business grow, you have to know how to market your services. Getting more referrals and increasing production depends on it.
Luckily for you, periodontal marketing isn’t rocket science. In today’s digital world, most of your efforts can centered around your website, social media, content creation, and good networking.
Periodontal marketing ideas to grow your practice
1. Update your website design for mobile users
Having a professionally engineered website is the number one key to marketing success. It’s the gateway that all your business leads will pass through to find out more about you and your team.
However, in today’s world, people are searching the web in several ways. Smart phones, tablets, laptops, desktops are all being used, and if your website design is not responsive to all these devices, you are losing opportunities to fill seats (and implants!)
2. Create and share quality content
Make your practice stand out from the competition by sharing your knowledge and expertise. If a person is considering dental implants and searches for periodontists nearby, showcase your website as an educational resource. If you can answer questions ahead of time and publish content that interests your potential patients, you will gain their trust in the process.
Here are a few steps you can follow to create content that will attract more leads:
- Research what people are searching for about periodontics
- Start a blog on your website and publish content with regular frequency
- Share that content online via social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google +, and Twitter)
- Share additional content from third party resources that may be valuable to your readers
3. Promote patient testimonials
What is one of the best ways to show you run a successful and trusted practice? Let the patients do the talking for you! Ask them for testimonials and promote that content on your website. Web visitors will connect with the fact that you have happy customers.
There are a variety of ways to collect and present testimonials, but here are some best practices for your periodontal marketing efforts:
- Ask patients to provide a 30-second video clip describing their experiences. You can use these segments separately or splice them together for a short commercial. Don’t forget to ask them to sign a release to share their video!
- Send an email after a patient’s first appointment and ask them to provide feedback. If the response is positive, ask permission to use it as a testimonial.
- Create a testimonials page on your website and highlight the best ones.
- For every page on your website, highlight at least one testimonial in the side bar or at the bottom.
A quick tip: testimonials are most effective when a picture and name accompanies the quotations. Web visitors will not be impressed by a quote that’s authored by “a happy patient.”
4. Thank your referral sources
Periodontal marketing is not always about gaining new business. In fact, at least half of your efforts should be directed towards retaining and strengthening current relationships. Keeping your referral sources happy should be your number one priority. Actively seek out ways to thank referring dentists and show how much you value their help.
A few creative ideas to get your started:
- For the holiday season, send over a gift basket with chocolates and fruits. At the bottom, include toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss for “after snack cleaning.”
- Send a hand-written letter to the referring dentist or hygienist.
- Don’t establish a pattern of correspondence. Send over a funny card on minor holidays or “just because.”
5. Invest in SEO practices
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the best ways to get noticed online. Hire a specialist or marketing agency to “optimize” your website so that it ranks higher on Google’s search results. They will assist with targeting specific keywords people are searching online related to your business, and then instill those keywords within your content. When someone types in “periodontist in (your state, town, or zip code)” your practice will show up above competitors.
Focus on digital strategy for your periodontal marketing efforts
As you know, referrals from other practitioners will be your first priority. Keeping those relationships intact and growing will ensure a steady production and workflow. But you don’t have to put all your eggs in one basket. Expand your digital strategy to attract more potential referrers and patients. With diverse implementation of periodontal marketing, you can increase awareness and better promote your practice.
Don’t guesstimate how your speciality practice is doing. Use our real-time dashboard to monitor every corner of your business. Get automatic updates from the front-of-office to the back all in one place. See more features and schedule a demo now.
Do have any ideas to share about your periodontal marketing efforts? What strategies do you use to keep production growing? Let us know in the comments!